This page contains links to useful websites, with information about:
- Tree of Life Project, an interactive explorative site of how all living things are related.
- Catalogue of life: explore ‘the most complete authoritative list of the world’s species.’
- Encyclopedia of Life: knowledge about life on earth.
- United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- WWF (World-Wide Fund for Nature)
- IUCN, red list of endangered species.
- Conservation International: ‘caring for and valuing nature, for the long-term benefit of people and all life on Earth.’
- The Plant List, a working list of all plant species on earth.
- FishBase, a complete list of the world’s fishes.
- AmphibiaWeb: the world’s amphibians, e.g search for frogs in your country.
- WRI (World Resources Institute), a global research organization that works towards practical solutions to challenges in Food, Forests, Water, Energy, Climate, the Ocean and Cities.
- Environmental News Network: collection of news, resources, teachers, experts and tools providing objective information about the environment, to enable global environmental action.
- UNEP (United Nations Environment), the global authority that sets the environmental agenda, to promote sustainable development.
- Global Forest Watch, monitoring the world’s forests, especially check out the Map.
- NOAA (National Centers for Environmental Information)
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), building peace and and improving the human condition through international cooperation in education, sciences and culture: e.g. world heritage sites.
- IPCC (the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), 6th Assessment Cycle reports.
- Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability to Climate Change (2022).
- The Science Basis of Climate Change (2021). Outreach materials at the bottom of the page are particularly useful.
- Mitigation of Climate Change (2022).
- Special Report on Land (2019).
- Special Report on Oceans and Cryosphere (2018).
- Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C (2018).
- Also see our blog post with links to IPCC videos.
- NASA Climate Change: facts, evidence, FAQs and more.
- CarbonBrief: current climate change news.
- Online carbon footprint calculator.
- SkepticalScience: lots of information on climate change, especially for climate deniers.
- ClimateTracker: for young climate journalists.
- United Nations Climate Action: climate change news from around the world.
- Nature Climate Change: a prestigious academic journal with latest climate change research.