– Education: learning about the Earth, Environment, Ecosystems
– Action: immediate and urgent climate and environmental Action
– Sustainability: Saving this world for today and tomorrow
– Teach: using Training Tools based on solid Theory, Targeted at different audiences, that build knowledge and understanding (the head – knowing)
– Energise: Events and Encounters that touch Emotions, create Enthusiasm and rouse biophilia (that inborn appreciation for all life forms), kindling joy, love, hope, and so motivate (the heart – feeling).
– Respond: Reduce our ecological and carbon footprint, Restore, Reforest and Revive degraded ecosystems, Respect all life on earth, Reach out to others (the hands – doing)
The word EASTER means new life, resurrection, fertility, the rising sun, a new dawn.
The EASTERAction logo is a globe, part animal – represented by a beetle (1 in 4 animal species is a beetle), part plant – represented by the sunflower (a member of the most diverse plant family), part rising sun which sustains them both. A figure stands in their midst.
As the figure is held up under the arms, so we humans are carried by nature: we are a part of it, our survival depends on it. As the figure embraces nature, so we are called to safe-guard and protect it. The figure’s arms are raised in joy and worship, they reach out for help, and reach out to others.
The figure also represents the risen Saviour, the Lord of Life, “through whom and for whom all things were created …and in him all things hold together”. Faith motivates us to participate in the saving work of the Creator, in a divine partnership, and in partnership with all our dear sisters and brothers (with two legs, or more, or less).